The National Football League hits the Big Apple in prime time when the Indianapolis Colts take on the New York Giants on Monday night football.
The Colts looked as though they were being picked by everyone to go to the Super Bowl. They had an incredible winning streak, were getting inspired play from their defense and were led by quarterback Andrew Luck who is in the midst of a MVP season. Then they ran into the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Colts were crushed by the Steelers and their defense looked soft. The Steelers converted 8-of-13 3rd downs in this game, including 8 of their first 11. Coming into the game, the Colts had the NFL’s best 3rd-down defense in the league. During the Colts’ 5-game winning streak, opponents had converted just eight 3rd downs combined, a number that quickly disappeared. Now the Colts will have to regroup if they hope to take down the well-rested Giants who had the luxury of being on a bye week.
The sports betting stats found at ATSSTATS.com should be investigated whenever you make a play on a big game. Monday night football games are always popular to bet on so make sure to look at all of the great stats and trends that you can find at the site, like the following:
- When INDIANAPOLIS COLTS team played as a pk to -3.0 Favorite – Vs Non Division Opponent – vs. opponent with a 41% to 50% winning % THEY ARE 2-8 against the spread (ATS).
- When INDIANAPOLIS COLTS team played as a pk to -3.0 Favorite – During Week 8 to 12 – Coming off vs American Conference opponent – Scored 34 points or less FOR in their last game they are 3-7 ATS
- When NEW YORK GIANTS team played as a pk to 3 Home Underdog – Before a conference game – Scored 21 points or less FOR in their last game they are 3-7-2 ATS
- When NEW YORK GIANTS team played as a pk to 3 Underdog – Before a conference game – Coming off vs National Conference opponent they are 11-21-4 ATS
- When INDIANAPOLIS COLTS team played as a Road team – Before a conference game – Coming off 1 game loss – Coming off 1 over they are 8-5-1 ATS
The Colts need to get back on the winning track, especially before they head into their bye week. They need to get healthy on defense and find a way to slow down quarterback Eli Manning and the Giants offense. In what has the potential to be another shootout, the game between the Colts and the Giants should be one of more interesting games of the week.